Colocation hosting service
The service provides space for infrastructure, electrical systems, air-conditioners and other related equipment to deploy IT systems, ensuring 24/07 operation system, allowing customers to use, Control your system.
1. What is Colocation?
Colocation is a service that provides server space. Colocation services can be divided into server colocation and rack colocation. In particular, the service lessor will ensure the server system of the customer is stable, safe and secure.
Each physical server will be provided with a power line with UPS, network and static IP to provide services on it such as website, email or voip switchboard outside.
2. Why should company choose Colocation?
The server hosting service satisfies the desire to place servers in Data Center with Tier 3 standards, ensuring a strong transmission speed and 24/7 technical support. This service is suitable for businesses with stable finance, running long-term projects and being able to self-administer the system.
You may need this service in the following cases:
– Business expansion.
– Making e-commerce.
– No strong financial capacity.
– Not able to build its own standard data center.
3. Benefits of placing servers in data center
When renting a server, you will get many benefits:
· Is a service that provides customers with the need to build or set up a separate data center for their system.
· Servers are located in Data Center DTS with Tier III international standards in downtown Ho Chi Minh City (District 3).
· Meeting the need to maximize system resources in one or more spaces in the Data Center. Depending on the size and demand, users can choose to rent a unit, both rack, part or the entire Data Center.
· Provide customers with one or more Rack cabinets.
· Equipped with equipment: cooling system, fire protection, UPS … to always ensure availability and safety for customers’ services
· Simplified and clear in lifting / reducing any rack parameters to optimize costs for customers.
· Can remotely update, manage and monitor their servers.
· Save connection costs and network systems. The equipment and data center connection system will bring higher download speeds for the server. Network connection speed will also be faster and reliability is also higher.
· Receive timely support services by various means such as email, online chat or telephone whenever there is a occurrence (24/07/365)
· Uptime is almost 99.99%. This is one of the most important criteria to prove whether a data center is of quality.
4. Comparison between Colocation & On-premise
|Definition||Businesses often want to manage their own servers. Therefore, they often put servers inside the Server Room, which is not guaranteed for both the connection and cooling, as well as ensuring the power supply.
Not to mention, to administer these servers, they have to spend the cost of hiring more IT personnel to manage and upgrade / warranty.
|Server leasing service (Colocation) always ensures customers’ servers operate stably, safely and securely.
Each physical server will be provided with a power line with UPS, network line and one or more static Public IPs so that customers can install services on them such as website, email or VoIP switchboard outside.
|Clients||Suitable for businesses that do not want to lose data or are running short-term projects.||This service is suitable for businesses with stable finance, running long-term projects and do not want to spend more management expenses.|
|Costs||Management costs are higher due to the cost of infrastructure and operations||The cost is much lower in the long term|
|HR||Customers have to spend more IT personnel costs||Current IT personnel with support from DTS|
5. How to choose the best place for colocation
When there is a private server and decide to rent the server location in the data center, the end user needs to pay attention to the following factors to choose a quality provider.
The first important criterion to note is stability. Stability can be measured by the system’s “Uptime” time. A reliable colocation service provider will be able to reach 99.999% uptime, meaning you will always be able to access your data almost instantly at all times.
Before hiring this service, customers should consider some of the following questions with their suppliers:
+ How long does it take to install and start operating the system?
+ How long does it take if you want to install a new connection system or rent an additional rack?
+ If you are away from the data center and the server system has trouble, can you access the remote server? How long does it take to overcome and support?
In addition, you should consider customer service and feedback from customers who have used that provider’s service.
The scale of data center
You should choose data centers that provide peering lines with large ISPs to enjoy direct routing.
In addition, customers should go to the data center of the supplier to survey the system model, the rack area they choose to rent and refer to the geographical location as well as the support team of the data center and especially their technology.
Ability of extension
A server rental service provider must be able to help you expand the system any time you need it. However, different service providers may allow you to upgrade to different levels.
Location and Facilities
Geographic location will play an important role in choosing a colocation service. You must ensure that your technical staff can easily reach the data center to manage and timely fix possible errors.
Data center in the city center is always considered first.
Therefore, DTS Telecom confidently assert itself to be able to provide Colocation service – lease server space (server colocation / rack colocation) for businesses and customers with the following advantages:
- One of the most modern data centers in Vietnam, located in the center of Ho Chi Minh City.
- Meet international standards for TIA 942-2005 Data Center.
- The superior InfraStrucXure solution is developed by APC.
- Comprehensive monitoring system with NOC.
- Get into Data Center 24/7/365 through security and control systems.
- The cooling system always ensures the most stable temperature.
- Backup power system n + 2 commits up to 99.9% uptime.